Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to the TRUE Genin Princess!





I remember the day the doctor told me I was due on November 13th.  All I could think of was how it would infringe on Micah’s special day…would you come early and honestly ruin it all. Would it be the one thing he remembered about his sister and the one thing that bugged him the most? Having to share his special day with his little brother or sister.  Once we found out you were going to be a girl I immediately thought I knew what I was getting myself into. 

Little did I know how wrong I would be. You were late and one thing I had was an appointment to meet you. We waited on you, tried to force you, and in a moments time (literally) you decided you were ready—within 5 minutes the room went from peace to chaos while the doctors prepared for you, to me holding you in my arms.  As I gazed into your beautiful HUGE brown eyes, I fell in love.

Today we celebrate another blessed year of a healthy, creative, bossy, caring little girl.  You cry loudly and passionately.  You have more style & creativity when you dress then I ever have, you have a way about that words can try to explain but already won’t do you justice.  You have a loving and caring way for your brothers that makes me smile every time you love on them.  And your relationship with your dad is one that I can not ever compete with, nor do I feel the need to---that in itself is more than I could have ever imagined.  You have been blessed with an amazing family and even though you don’t have a sister, I hope you never feel the void, because your brothers are the best just always give them a chance. 

So as I did for Micah, and as I will do with Isaac, here are few things that I think you should know and learn. Because you are four most wont make sense, but just trust me and remember these words.

1 )Honor God in all you do. If you always use this as your compass (tells you the direction you are headed) you will never go wrong.  He wants to guide you through the big and small stuff.  As you learn what honors Him, you will learn that following and serving Him is truly life changing.

2) Remember its your responsibility to look out for your brothers. As its their responsibility to look out for you.  Sometimes you may not like it, but remember they love you. You have been given the pleasure to be the only sister who sees things differently than they ever will.

3) Kind heart & a kind mouth. You ARE beautiful, period. But if your heart isn’t filled with kindness and your mouth isn’t speaking it, it won’t really ever matter.

4) It is and it isn’t a competition. Yes, you will have to and want to compete with your brothers. I will do my best to teach you how to “win” at all cost.  How to keep up as much as one girl can, BUT it’s never a competition for my love.  Sometimes you will feel like you might have to compete for my attention, but you don’t. There is only one Samantha, Micah, and Isaac—you don’t have to be like them, because being you is perfect enough.


Your smile, laugh, joy, energy, and love for chicken and fries, has brought sooo much to my life.  I am very thankful to God for entrusting some a special little girl to me.

Know that the moment I set my eyes on you, I loved you. I will love you all the time—so when you are 15 I hope you are more convinced of this, then thinking I actually want to ruin your life.

Me


Thank you, CarlosWhittkar, http://www.ragamuffinsoul.com/ for inspiring me to slow down and appreciate my children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment